Sunday, April 23, 2006

Prom a Nada


Thank God its over. I think prom is God's little way of preparing a mother for their daughters to be brides: comlete with expenses, differing points of views with daughter, spouse, boyfriend, and everyone else who dares share an opinion.

But I digress...

Barbie and I agreed on several key aspects of the evening and she was very forthcoming on other key details I needed to help make her evening memorable.

I think we agreed on the following details: yes, there would be a prom; yes, she would go if she were invited (she is only a sophomore); yes, there would probably be food; and yes, she would need a dress.

Then she got invited to the prom and my little princess turned into a little green monster and thats pretty much where the agreements ended and the debates began.

Barbie Doll, princess of the household, decided she would also need highlights, an updo, a makeover, tanning, a pedicure, matching underwear, a dress, a purse, eyebrows waxed, and a limousine.

All of which would neede to be purchased...by me...well, actually by man-o-mine, but you get the picture.

Most of the debates went like this...

"Why do you need to go tanning? The sun is out and will tan you for free!"
"But Mom..."

or, "That dress is cut to high..to short...to long...to tight...to much cleavage..."
"But mom..." (We went with pink, long and strapless.)

or, "Make-up? Can't we just by some gloss at the drugstore?" "But mom..."

and my favorite, "I don't know what your planning on prom night but why do you need a a brand new pair of matching undies?" and I got the EYEROLL!

Anyway, we made it through her first prom and I didn't kill her. And I only got a couple of eyerolls. She looked beautiful.

Priceless.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful I have all boys.

Just think you still have her Jr and Sr year to do this all over again. Lucky you.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They make dresses that show "too much cleavage"?

I've never heard that phrase before :-)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Rave said...

Harvey- full frontal nudity is NOT ENOUGH CLEAVAGE to you!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvey, dude think "jail bait" . . .

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! http://www.latinwomen1.info Southwest style kitchen faucets Virginia college email Vw passat oil change

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home